NCES.EX.Bio.2.1 - Understand the interdependence of living organisms within their environments.
- NCES.EX.Bio.2.1.1 - Identify fruits, vegetables, and meats as things people eat.
- NCES.EX.Bio.2.1.2 - Identify that plants and animals get energy from food.
- NCES.EX.Bio.2.1.3 - Identify sources of energy for plants and animals (e.g., oats for horses, grass for cows, apple for people, fertilizer for plants).
- NCES.EX.Bio.2.1.4 - Understand simple food chains (e.g., grass gets energy from the sun, grasshoppers from grass, snakes from grasshoppers, and hawks from snakes).
- NCES.EX.Bio.2.1.5 - Understand ways living things compete with each other to get the things they need to live in their environment.