NCES.EX.CE.C&G.1 - Understand the roles authorities have in enforcing individual rights, rules and laws for the common good.
- NCES.EX.CE.C&G.1.1a - Identify authority figures (i.e., police, principal, judge, parent) in various environments.
- NCES.EX.CE.C&G.1.1b - Recognize the process that lead to the constitution government (leadership, compromise, cooperation, and creativity).
- NCES.EX.CE.C&G.1.2 - Exemplify ways groups agree on rules and laws for the "common good" of society.
- NCES.EX.CE.C&G.1.3 - Recognize individual rights (i.e., tranfer of rights, guardianship, exploitation, neglect and abuse, Americans with Disabilities Act) and the situations in which they can be applied.
- NCES.EX.CE.C&G.1.4 - Identify agencies and/or individuals who are responsible for helping to promote freedom and self-determination (i.e., transition planning, vocational rehabilitation, centers for independent living, representative payee).
- NCES.EX.CE.C&G.1.5 - Explain circumstances in which rights could be violated.
NCES.EX.CE.C&G.2 - Analyze how the government helps and protects its citizens
- NCES.EX.CE.C&G.2.1 - Explain how governmental agencies (i.e., police,fire department, courts, military) protect citizens and their individual rights.
- NCES.EX.CE.C&G.2.2 - Explain the process for changing living documents (rules, laws and rights) based on the needs of the group.
- NCES.EX.CE.C&G.2.3 - Recognize the process for how rules and laws are enacted.
- NCES.EX.CE.C&G.2.4 - Describe the process (identify facts of problem, why is it a problem, what are the choices for fixing the problem, make a decision based on facts) of government made decisions on contemporary issues that apply to everyday life (i.e., Military deployment, medicaid issues, antibullying laws, movie/game ratings).
- NCES.EX.CE.C&G.2.5 - Compare pros and cons of issues/choices and make a decision based on multiple factors.
NCES.EX.CE.C&G.4 - Understand how democracy depends upon the active participation of citizens.
- NCES.EX.CE.C&G.4.1 - Explain the meaning of various American symbols/traditions (i.e., flag, eagle, anthem, pledge, monuments, Independence Day).
- NCES.EX.CE.C&G.4.2 - Analyze the obligations of citizens by determining when their personal desires, interests and involvement are subordinate to the good of the others (i.e., Civil rights, equal rights under the law, rule of law, personal space, right to privacy).