The Center for Urban Affairs and Community Services (CUACS) at North Carolina State University has served the citizens of North Carolina since 1966. Over the years, we have expanded our services to help state agencies, local government agencies, and non-profit organizations respond to the vast changes occurring in our society.
Today, we assist our clients with a variety of research needs and technical support projects. Our primary focus is in the following areas:
- Technical Assistance to Public Schools
- Applied Social Science Research
CUACS offers a variety of valuable services ranging from survey research and program evaluation to Internet assistance and Web applications support. Our staff includes over sixty dedicated professionals with credentials in the areas of education, assessment, social and behavioral sciences, demography, child development, statistics and research methodology, program evaluation, and needs analysis.
2,889 total views, 0 views today
Center for Urban Affairs and Community Services – Quick Facts
- Celebrating fifty years of service to the citizens of North Carolina.
- Founded by the North Carolina legislature in 1966 to provide research and technical assistance to state and local governments.
- Mandated to serve the citizens of North Carolina through research and technical assistance.
- Original research focus was addressing problems associated with urbanization.
- Mission quickly expanded to include a variety of research areas and a focus K-12 public education.
- Relocated from the NC State University 1911 Building to the Jane S. McKimmon Center in 1976.
- The Center for Urban Affairs and Community Services is a division of the NC State University McKimmon Center for Extension and Continuing Education (MCECE)