Technical Requirements for NCTest version 5 for 2014-15
Most recent changes shown in this format.
- NCTest content is NOT allowed to be cached via web proxy, content delivery networks, local client, or other cache technologies longer than the period needed to deliver the test to the student.
- Secure Web Browser-based, a Chrome App version, and native tablet app online assessment - See NCTest Support for details and requirements for each platform supported.
- 1024 x 768 Screen resolution for best performance. Lower vertical resolutions for some devices are possible, but will increase the amount of scrolling and other user interface adjustments (changing the size of screen display areas) to fully access items.
- Screen size must be 9.5" or larger
- See NCTest Support for operating systems and devices supported
- LEAs/school using iPads must use Guided Access or a Mobile Device Management system in order to restrict the iPad to only be able to run the NCTest app.
- NCTest Secure browser launches full screen and the Chrome App maximizes to full screen so control for pop-up windows is NOT necessary
- NCTest must retain focus during test administrations so screen savers or other tools that may interrupt the current application running (NCTest) must be disabled.
- Test takers cannot and must not move to other system windows.
- Bandwidth footprint per student test session is similar to many other Internet applications.
- Reference and follow MCNC/NCREN K12 Technical Papers and Recommended Practices
- For Wireless networking for online assessments reference and follow Designing and Building a Campus Wireless Network and optimize quality of service for students taking the assessments
Last modified: Wednesday, 15 October 2014, 9:57 AM