Technical Requirements for NCTest for 2015-16
Most recent changes shown in this format.
- NCTest content is NOT allowed to be cached via web proxy, content delivery networks, local client, or other cache technologies longer than the period needed to deliver the test to the student.
- A Chrome App version and native tablet app online assessment - See NCTest Support for details and requirements for each platform supported.
- 1024 x 768 Screen resolution for best performance. Lower vertical resolutions for some devices are possible, but will increase the amount of scrolling and other user interface adjustments (changing the size of screen display areas) to fully access items.
- Screen size must be 9.5" or larger
- See NCTest Support for operating systems and devices supported
- LEAs/schools using iPads must use Guided Access or a Mobile Device Management system in order to restrict the iPad to only be able to run the NCTest app.
- NCTest Chrome App maximizes to full screen and does not use pop-up winodws so there is no requirement to allow pop-up windows.
- NCTest must retain focus during test administrations so screen savers, sleep mode, or other program notification pop-ups or other tools that may interrupt the current application running (NCTest) must be disabled.
- Test takers must not move to other system windows.
- Other Apps, add-ons, system tools must be disabled prior to beginning a secure test administrations.
- Beta versions of operating systems for desktops and tablets and the Chrome browser are not approved for use for secure test administrations.
- Screen capture capabilities must be disabled. Please reference the NC Testing Students with Disabilities Manual for details concerning appropriate screen sharing scenarios.
- Bandwidth footprint per student test session is similar to many other Internet applications.
- Reference and follow MCNC/NCREN K12 Technical Papers and Recommended Practices
- For Wireless networking for online assessments reference and follow Designing and Building a Campus Wireless Network and optimize quality of service for students taking the assessments
[ NCTest Support Details ]
Last modified: Wednesday, 1 July 2015, 4:33 PM